Stephen Hawking was considered one of the most brilliant theoretical physicists in history. His work on the origins and structure of the universe, from the Big Bang to black holes, revolutionized the field, while his best-selling books have attracted readers who may not have Hawking’s scientific background.
The great scientist and tireless fighter against his own health, died on March 14, 2018, at the age of 76.
Stephen Hawking was seen by many as the smartest person in the world, although he never revealed his IQ score. According to the news site The AtlanticWhen a New York Times reporter asked Hawking what his IQ was, he replied: “I have no idea, people who brag about their IQ are losers.”
Best Stephen Hawking Quotes
The following sentences pronounced through his books, essays and other exhibitions, help us to learn a little more about Stephen Hawking’s way of conceiving the Universe.
1. “Einstein was wrong when he said that ‘God does not play dice with the universe.’ Considering the hypotheses of black holes, God does not just play dice with the universe: he sometimes throws them where we cannot see them.
2. “We are just a race of primates on a minor planet from an ordinary star, but we can understand the universe.”
3. “Primitive life is very common and intelligent life is quite rare. Some say it has yet to happen on Earth.”
4. “I’ve noticed that even people who say everything is predestined and we can’t do anything to change our destiny still look both ways before crossing the street.”
5. “Next time you talk to someone who denies the existence of climate change, tell them to take a trip to Venus. I’ll take care of the expenses.”
6. “Intelligence is the ability to adapt to change.”
7. “Computer viruses should be considered as life. I think this says something about human nature, that the only life we have created is purely destructive. We have created a way of life in our image and likeness.
8. “The most remarkable property of the universe is that it has given rise to creatures that can ask questions.”
9. “The calm and quiet people have the loudest and loudest minds.”
10. “People won’t have time for you if you’re always angry or complaining.”
eleven. “I have noticed that even people who say that everything is predestined and that we cannot do anything to change our destiny still look before crossing the street.”
12. “The worst enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
13. “Without imperfection, neither you nor I would exist.”
14. “The downside of my celebrity is that I can’t go anywhere in the world without being recognized. It’s not enough that I put on sunglasses and a wig. The wheelchair gives me away.”
fifteen. “I have lived with the prospect of an early death for the last 49 years. I am not afraid of death, but I am not in a hurry to die. There’s so much I want to do first…”