Morgan Freeman is one of the most recognized actors in Hollywood. The Academy Award-winning actor has truly made a mark on this world with each and every movie of his career, but also with his musings and thoughts.
Freeman is not only one of the greatest actors of our time, but he is also a producer, director, and voice over narrator. He has won countless awards and is a true legend.
Freeman did not have an easy life. He was born into a poor family at a time when having black skin felt like a curse. His father was a barber, his mother a school teacher, and he was the youngest of 5 siblings. He has even lived on the streets and had undesirable jobs before rising to fame.
Morgan Freeman Quotes
Morgan Freeman has gone from a life of misery to a life of happiness and glory. He has seen it all and has a lot to say about life, defying the odds and perseverance.
1. “I hate the word ‘homophobia.’ It is not a phobia. You are not afraid, you are an idiot.
2. “Human beings are more concerned with having than with being.”
3. “The best way to guarantee a loss is to quit.”
4. “I always tell my kids that if you lie down, people will walk all over you. But if you keep fighting, if you keep going, someone will always, always give you a hand. Always. But you have to keep dancing, you have to keep your feet moving.”
5. “Very often, you know, you stop walking because you say, ‘Well, I’m tired of going up this hill. I’m never going to get to the top.’ And you’re only two steps from the top.”
6. “I am always trying new things and learning new things. If there is nothing more you can learn, go and die.”
7. “Don’t be afraid of what you want. This is your moment. The barriers have fallen.”
8. “Forgiveness frees the soul. Eliminate fear. That’s why it’s such a powerful weapon.”
9. “Never let pride be your guiding principle. Let your achievements speak for you.»
10. “Learning to be still, to be really still and let life happen, that stillness becomes a radiance.”
11. “I was lucky in that when the opportunity came, I was prepared to take it on.”
12. “I am a firm believer that things happen as they should. The universe unfolds as it is supposed to.”
13. “There are no perfect men, only perfect intentions.”
14. “I’m going to stop calling him a white man. And I’m going to ask you to stop calling me ‘a black man.’ I know you as Mike Wallace and you know me as Morgan Freeman.”
Morgan Freeman quotes in movies
15. “I believe that God, whoever you think he is, hears all prayers, even if sometimes the answer is no.”
16. “The ancient Egyptians had a beautiful belief about death. When their souls arrive at the entrance to heaven, the guards ask them the questions. Their answers determined whether or not they could enter: have you found happiness in your life? Has your life brought happiness to others?
17. “Come closer, because the more you think you see, the easier it will be to fool you.”
18. “For the second time in my life I am guilty of committing a crime. Probation violation. I guess they’re not going to shut down traffic for this. Not for an old thief like me.
19. “In prison a man will do anything to keep his mind occupied.”
20. “I had to remind myself that some birds shouldn’t be caged. His feathers are so bright and when they fly away the part of you that knows it was a sin to keep him locked away is happy, but still, the place he was in feels so abandoned and lonely when they’re gone. I think I just miss my friend.”