Reading quotes on how to motivate yourself when you feel anxious can help you overcome anxious feelings. They can also help you ignore these negative feelings and still be productive. Everyone needs motivation from time to time, and these motivational quotes are the perfect place to start.
You may be the kind of person who gives perfect advice to everyone else, but then doesn’t do it for himself. You have probably motivated other people around you to do their best. The people closest to you have surely received your comfort on occasion and have been motivated during times of anxiety.
However, even with all the great advice and encouragement you give others, you may need encouragement yourself. This is where quotes on how to motivate yourself when you feel anxious can help you.
Quotes that will motivate you when you feel anxious
Just like the other people in your life who need tips and advice to stay motivated, you need them too. These quotes can help you gain an outside perspective on situations that make you anxious and threaten your motivation. If you don’t have anyone in your life to help you, motivational quotes can be even more helpful.
1. “Don’t wait; The time will never be fair. Start where you are and use the tools at your disposal, and you’ll find better tools as you go.” – George Herbert
When you’re feeling anxious, it’s tempting to procrastinate. However, you have to fight that urge. The time will never be right and you will never feel completely comfortable.
Start right now and use what you have right now. As you progress, things will get easier and you will find more resources to help you on your journey.
2. “Believe in yourself and in all that you are. Accept that there is something within you that is greater than any obstacle. – Christian D. Larson
Have faith in your abilities and what you can become. You are bigger than anything that stands in your way, including your anxiety.
3. “Whenever you are tempted to react the same way, ask yourself if you want to be a prisoner of the past or a pioneer of the future.” – Deepak Chopra
Anxiety typically occurs more than once in a person’s life. Think about how you have reacted to that feeling in the past. This time, he reacts in a different and more positive way.
If you react as you did in the past, you will get the same results as before. As Chopra explained, you will continue to be a prisoner of the past. On the other hand, if you react positively, you will get different results.
4. “Trust yourself. You have already survived many things and you will survive whatever comes.” – Robert Tew
You have overcome everything that has happened so far in your life and you will continue to survive. Ignore your anxiety and move on. You can’t stay where you are because it’s not what’s best for you.
5. “Don’t look at the clock; do the same as him. Keep going.” – Sam Levenson
The more time you spend looking at the clock, the more time you will lose. You should use that time to be reaching your goals and doing things now. The clock never stops and neither should you.
6. “Your vision will become clear only when you look into your heart. Who looks outside, dreams, who looks inside, wakes up – Carl Jung
When you look within yourself, you will see what you must do. That’s when you can achieve your goals. Looking outside only allows you to dream and focus on obstacles.
7. “Good humor is a tonic for the mind and body. It is the best antidote for anxiety and depression. It is a business asset. Attract and keep friends. Lighten human loads. It is the direct route to serenity and contentment.” – Grenville Kleiser
To ease your anxiety, try to find something to laugh about. It will make you feel better and will attract friendships, satisfaction and also benefit you in a business sense.
8. “You wouldn’t care so much about what others think of you if you realized how little they do.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
If your anxiety stems from worrying about what other people think of you, forget about it right away. Other people judge you less often than you think. Most of them barely think about the things you do at all.
9. “There will be obstacles. There will be skeptics. There will be mistakes. But with hard work, there are no limits.” – Michael Phelps
Nothing works perfectly. There will be challenges to overcome and you may have to make a new plan at some point. Still, keep moving and working hard so you can succeed.
10. “The past is a bucket of ashes, so live not only in your yesterdays, nor in your tomorrows, but in the here and now.” – CARL SANDBURG
If you live in the present moment, your anxiety will fade. Don’t worry about things that have already happened, and don’t let the future cause you anxious thoughts. By focusing on the now, you will be able to keep moving and get things done effectively.
11. “Everything you’ve ever wanted is on the other side of fear.” – George Addair
You have to overcome anxiety and fear if you want to achieve your goals. Start moving and don’t stop. Before you know it, you’ll have the things you’ve worked hard for.
12. “My anxiety comes not from thinking about the future but from wanting to control it.” – Unknown
Remember that you cannot control the future. The only thing you can do is control the present. By doing this, you will ease your anxiety and start preparing for a bright future.
13. “No amount of anxiety can change the future. No regret can change the past.” – Unknown
Like the last quote, this one explains that having anxiety will not allow you to control the future. Only the things you do now can lead you down the path you want. The past and the future cannot be changed, but the present moment can.
14. “Sometimes the bad things that happen in our lives put us directly on the path to the most wonderful things that will happen to us.” – Nicole Reed
When things don’t go as planned, it doesn’t mean you’ve failed. When anxious feelings arise, remind yourself that you can now follow a new path. This new path will lead to great things that you would never expect.
15. “Nothing decreases anxiety faster than action.” –Walter Anderson
If you start moving and doing something, you won’t have time to think too much and to let in anxious thoughts. Before you know it, your negative feelings will be gone.
16. “Anxiety does not empty tomorrow of sorrows, but it empties today of strength.” – Charles Spurgeon
No matter how anxious you feel, you won’t be able to erase the sorrows you’ll feel tomorrow that way. What stops anxiety is your strength today. Let go of anxiety so you can be strong today.
17. “If you want to conquer the anxiety of life, live in the moment, live in the here and now.” – Amit Ray
To overcome anxiety, focus on the present. If you live in the moment, you will be able to overcome your anxiety.
18. “Anxiety is like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do, but it doesn’t get you very far.” – Jodi Picoult
Anxiety can give your mind something to think about and your body something to worry about. However, as Picoult explained, this is of no use and gets you nowhere. Focus on something positive and you will go much further.
19. “You don’t have to control your thoughts. You just have to stop letting them control you.” – Dan Millman
It is difficult to control your thoughts. Although you should work on changing your thought process, it won’t always work. What you need to focus on learning is not letting those thoughts control you.
If you can learn to do that, you will be able to move on when you feel anxious. You will learn to stay motivated and achieve your goals, despite the negative feelings you have.
20. “Anxiety was born at the same time as humanity. And since we can never master it, we will have to learn to live with it, just as we have learned to live with storms. – Paulo Coelho
Having anxious feelings is part of being human. It happens to everyone, so it’s important to learn how to overcome them.
Keep moving and getting things done no matter how anxious you are. You can’t let those feelings control your life. It is important to weather every storm of life, and it will eventually pass.