Imagine if bread could fill you up and heal your gut at the same time while being completely ketogenic? This is what you will get with these recipes from low carb bread.
Instead of all-purpose flour or any other grain-based flour, you’ll use high-fiber coconut flours, flaxseed flour, almond flour, to make your own. keto breads. Each slice will help feed the good bacteria in your gut and support your gut health. As a result, your immune system, cognitive function, and emotional well-being will also improve.
The fiber in these keto breads will also help normalize bowel movements, lower blood sugar levels, lower bad cholesterol levels, and increase your feeling of fullness after a meal.
5 healthy low-carb bread recipes to avoid gaining weight
In other words, low-carb bread is exactly what you need to ensure optimal health, especially if you’re struggling to get enough fiber on the low-carb keto diet and avoid getting fat. So the next time you want to eat a sandwich or bagel, skip the wheat bread and grab the following recipes from low carb bread that you will love
Low carb flaxseed bread
This makes a total of 8 servings of low carb flax bread. Each serving has 265.5 calories, 15.68 g fat, 1.24 g net carbs, and 24.34 g protein.
- 200g ground flax seeds
- ½ cup of psyllium husk powder
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 ½ cups of isolated soy protein
- ¼ cup granulated stevia
- 2 teaspoons of salt
- 7 large egg whites
- 1 large whole egg
- 3 tablespoons of butter
- ¾ cup of water
- Preheat oven to 180ºC / 350º F.
- Combine psyllium husk, baking powder, protein isolate, sweetener, and salt in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix the egg, egg whites, butter, and water. If you are adding extracts or syrups, add them here.
- Slowly add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and combine.
- Grease your loaf pan, with butter or spray.
- Add the mixture to the mold.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes until done.
Low-Carb Lemon Rosemary Shortbread
This makes a total of 24 servings of Low Carb Buttermilk Shortbreads with Lemon and Rosemary. Each serving has 79.92 calories, 7.56 g fat, 1.14 g net carbs, and 2.04 g protein.
- 6 tablespoons of butter
- 2 cups of almond flour
- 1/3 cup granulated stevia (or other granulated sweetener)
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated lemon zest
- 4 teaspoons of freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons dried rosemary
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
1. In a large mixing bowl, measure 2 cups almond flour, 1/2 teaspoon baking powder, and 1/2 teaspoon baking soda. Add 1/3 cup of stevia or another granular sweetener to the mix. Set aside.
2. Grate the lemon with a microplane until you have 1 tablespoon of grated lemon. Squeeze half of the lemon to get 4 teaspoons of lemon juice.
3. In the microwave, melt 6 tablespoons of butter, then add 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
4. Transfer the almond flour and sweetener to a small mixing bowl. Place the butter, lemon zest, lemon juice, and rosemary in the now empty large bowl. Add the almond flour back into the wet mixture slowly, stirring as you go. Keep mixing until all the almond flour is added back in.
5. Wrap the dough tightly in plastic wrap and make it into a cylindrical shape, leaving a circumference of approximately 7 cm.
6. Place wrapped dough in freezer for 30 minutes or until firm.
7. Preheat your oven to 180ºC / 350F, remove the dough and unwrap.
8. Cut the dough into 1 and a half cm pieces. with a sharp knife. If this knife is not sharp, it will cause the dough to fall apart. If the dough still falls apart, that means it needs more time in the freezer.
9. Grease a cookie sheet with butter and place your mantecadas on it.
10. Bake for 15 minutes at 180 degrees. Once removed, let them cool for 10 minutes, remove from the baking sheet, and enjoy!
Low-carb bread with zucchini and walnuts
This makes a total of 16 servings of keto zucchini bread with walnut crust. Each slice has 200.13 calories, 18.83 g fat, 2.6 g net carbs, and 5.59 g protein.
- 3 large eggs
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1 1/2 cups of erythritol
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon of nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 cup of grated zucchini
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC / 350ºF. Beat the eggs, oil and vanilla extract. Put aside.
- In another bowl, mix the almond flour, erythritol, salt, baking powder, nutmeg, cinnamon, and ginger. Put aside.
- Using cheesecloth or a paper towel, grab the zucchini and squeeze out any excess water.
- Then mix the zucchini in the bowl with the eggs.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the egg mixture with a hand mixer until completely mixed.
- Lightly spray a loaf pan with oil and pour in the zucchini bread mixture.
- Then, spoon the chopped walnuts on top of the zucchini bread. She presses the nuts into the dough with a spatula.
- Bake for 60-70 minutes at 180ºC or until the nuts on top are golden brown.
Low Carb Bacon Bagels for Breakfast
This makes a total of 3 servings of low carb breakfast bagels. Each serving has 605.67 calories, 50.29 g fat, 5.76 g net carbs, and 30.13 g protein.
- ¾ cup (68g) almond flour
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1 large egg
- 1 ½ cups grated mozzarella
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- sesame seeds to taste
- 2 tablespoons pesto
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese
- 1 cup of arugula leaves
- 6 slices grilled grated bacon
1. Preheat the oven to 200ºC.
2. In a bowl mix the almond flour and xanthan gum. Then add the egg and mix until well combined. Set aside. It will look like a doughy ball.
3. In a saucepan over medium-low heat slowly melt the cream cheese and mozzarella and remove from heat once melted. This can also be done in the microwave.
4. Add your melted cheese mixture to the almond flour mixture and knead until well combined. The mozzarella mixture will stick together in a little ball, but don’t worry, it lingers. Eventually it will all come together nicely. It is important to incorporate the xanthan gum throughout the cheese mixture. If the dough becomes too tough to work with, pop it in the microwave for 10-20 seconds to warm it up and repeat until you have something that resembles dough.
5. Divide the dough into 3 pieces and roll it up like a doughnut. If you have a donut pan, place the strips on the pan. Otherwise, roll each strip into circles and gather them together and place them on a baking sheet. Try to make sure you have nice little circles. The other way to do this is to roll into a ball and flatten slightly on the baking sheet and cut a circle in the middle if you have a small cookie cutter.
6. Melt the butter and brush over the tops of your bagels and sprinkle with sesame seeds or topping of choice. The butter should help the seeds stick together. Garlic and onion powders or cheese are good additions if you have them for savory bagels.
7. Place the bagels in the oven for about 18 minutes. watch them The top should turn golden brown.
8. Remove the bagels from the oven and let cool.
9. If you like your bagels toasty, cut them in half lengthwise and return them to the oven until lightly browned and toasted.
10. Spread bagel with cream cheese, top with pesto, add some arugula leaves and top with crispy bacon (or your choice of filling).
Low Carb Jalapeno Almond Meal Biscuits
you are Low-Carb Jalapeno-Flavored Biscuits makes a total of 8 servings of Jalapeno Almond Meal Biscuits. Each serving has 301.93 calories, 26.78 g fat, 2.96 g net carbs, and 11.2 g protein.
- 1 ½ cups almond flour
- ½ cup golden flaxseed meal
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
Moist ingredients of this rich low carb bread
- ½ cup whole sour cream
- 4 tablespoons of melted butter
- 4 large eggs
- 10 drops of liquid stevia
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 fresh jalapeños, seeded and membranes removed (1 bell pepper finely chopped and 1 cut into rings for garnish)
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC. Prepare a mini loaf pan (8 loaves) by spraying it with cooking spray or greasing it with butter to prevent sticking.
- In a large bowl, mix dry ingredients including almond flour, golden flaxseed meal, baking powder, and salt.
- In a separate medium-sized bowl, mix the wet ingredients. Mix the dry and wet ingredients together, then add the diced pepper and grated cheddar cheese into the batter.
- Pour the batter evenly into the prepared loaf pan and top each loaf with a slice of jalapeño pepper for garnish.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes or until the buns begin to brown.
- Cool the buns in the pan for about 5 minutes, then remove to a wire rack to finish.