As an increasing number of young people inadvertently adopt lifestyles accompanied by higher levels of stress, poor diet and exercise, they are at increased risk of cardiovascular disease, including heart failure, clogged arteries and stroke.
Clogged arteries are one of the main reasons for heart disease. When fatty deposits build up on the walls of the arteries it is known as atherosclerosis. Clogged arteries often restrict blood flow to the heart and to different parts of the body.
Do you want to keep your heart healthy? Then you must do some exception diets if you want to keep your heart healthy for years to come.
Dangerous foods for your arteries
Here, we have listed 6 foods you should avoid to keep your arteries and heart healthy.
- Potato chips: It’s hard to resist deep-fried potato chips, but did you know they’re packed with a simple source of carbohydrates that instantly spike your blood sugar? Not only that, they are loaded with salt and fat too.
- Frozen: I scream, you scream, we all scream for ice cream, but you shouldn’t. Ice cream is high in saturated fat and calories, which can contribute to weight gain and poor heart health.
- Pizza: According to a report in Eat This, Not That! Pizza is the second largest contributor of heart-tapping saturated fat. You should stick to one slice, if you have a pizza craving, instead of eating almost an entire pizza.
- soft drinks: Sodas in any form are not good for you. It can have some serious consequences on your health. It can increase your insulin levels, promote weight gain, and alter metabolic health. You can replace your soda with water and you can squeeze a lemon or fresh fruit.
- Meat: Red meat and processed meat can be delicious, but there are many reasons why they never make the list of healthy foods to eat. In fact, people with heart problems and obesity are always told to stay away from processed meat and red meat. A recent observational study in nearly 20,000 people found that a higher intake of red and processed meat is associated with worse heart function.
- Fried chicken: Chicken is the best protein for weight loss, but if you fry that chicken, it will raise your cholesterol level. Therefore, you should avoid eating fried chicken.