You can’t beat a good taste of a banana dessert, especially when that dessert is a cheesecake. But this time we will make this dessert even more special, and it is because the dairy ingredient and the refined ones are not exactly considered. Indeed, it is a cheesecake with vegan ingredients that form a good consistency and exquisite flavor on your palate. Do you want to know how to make it and with what ingredients this delicious vegan banana cake turns out to be a delight? Keep reading so you can prepare your ingredients at home.
Banana cheesecake with vegan ingredients
This banana cheesecake is obviously also gluten free., dairy-free, vegetarian and free of refined sugar. It is full of healthy fats and the benefits of nuts, it is also not baked, which will give it a plus to safeguard all its nutrients.
- 1 cup (175g) dates
- 1 cup (150g) raw unsalted cashews
- 4 dehydrated bananas
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin coconut oil
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
cheese cake ingredients
- 1 cup (150g) raw unsalted cashews (soaked in water for 8 hours)
- 1/3 cup (5 tablespoons) extra-virgin coconut oil
- 2 bananas, frozen
- 1/3 cup (5 tablespoons) maple syrup or honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla paste (or 2 teaspoons vanilla extract)
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- pinch of sea salt
For the base of the banana cake
- Depending on how soft the dates are, they may need to be pre-soaked in hot water for 10 minutes to make them easier to blend.
- Add dates, dried bananas and cashews to a food processor/blender and blend for a few minutes until sticky and crumbly.
- Melt the coconut oil and add it to the date and cashew mixture along with the rest of the base ingredients and continue mixing.
- Transfer mixture to a parchment-lined 8″ tart pan and press down with spatula or fingers.
- Place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to set the paste.
For the pie filling
- It is necessary to soak the cashew nuts for at least 8 hours in water for a creamier texture.
- Drain and rinse the cashews, then add them to your food processor along with the rest of the cheesecake filling ingredients.
- Blend on high speed for a few minutes or until the mixture is completely silky.
- Take the base crust from the freezer and pour the cheese mixture on top.
- Take it back to the freezer and let it cool for a few hours or until completely set and hardened.
- Take the cheesecake out 20 minutes before you serve it.
- Decorate with melted chocolate, bananas, dried bananas, chopped nuts, or anything else you fancy.
Lucid Life Writing