Is creamy broccoli soup it is filled with many delights. A creamy, comforting and flavorful soup loaded with broccoli and crispy smoked bacon for a delicious hearty meal during the winter months. Gluten Free, Egg Free, Dairy Free.
This time we wanted to make a healthier version of a soup-like cream, but, if you like, you can substitute the flour and milk that we will use for wheat flour and cow’s milk. What happens is that these options, which are also called “paleo”, are healthier and less inflammatory for people with chronic conditions.
We also add the flavor of bacon in this recipe because it gives it an exquisite and nutritious plus with its fat and crunchy consistency.
First we cook the bacon until crisp, then use some of the bacon fat to sauté the onions and garlic. Then, we add broth and arrowroot or tapioca, and let it cook a bit to thicken. After adding the remaining ingredients, we cook about 10 more minutes before it’s time to puree.
Use immersion blender directly in the pot to blend everything together to make it easier, as this creamy soup it gets nice and soft without ever leaving the pot. If you don’t have one, a regular blender will do the job.
Dairy-Free Creamy Broccoli Soup Ingredients
Is creamy broccoli soup it’s so easy to prepare, it’s ready in just 30 minutes and it’s all done on the stove, in one pot. We hope you’re ready for a simple, healthy, and creamy soup that you can enjoy all fall and winter.
- 4-5 cups chopped broccoli florets
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 8 oz (225 grams) nitrate-free bacon, cut into chunks
- 3 cups chicken broth or bone broth
- 3 tablespoons arrowroot flour or tapioca flour
- 1 cup cream of coconut or whole coconut milk
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/2 tablespoon spicy brown mustard
- 1 1/2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- Chopped chives to decorate
Instructions for making Creamy Broccoli Bacon Soup
1. Heat a pot over medium high heat and add the bacon. Cook, stirring, until crisp, then drain and reserve.
2. Remove all but 2 tablespoons of the bacon grease from the pot and heat the pot over medium heat. Add the onions and cook until translucent, then add the garlic and cook, stirring, another minute until softened.
3. Then add the broth and immediately mix in the arrowroot or tapioca. Bring the mixture to a boil to thicken, stirring occasionally.
4. Once thickened, add the coconut milk, broccoli, nutritional yeast, mustard and poultry seasoning, stir well. Cover the pot and simmer for 10 minutes, or until the broccoli is soft.
5. Using an immersion blender in the pot, blend the soup until almost creamy; you can puree it completely or just mix it up a bit, it depends on your taste. Once mixed, add 2/3 of the bacon and continue to simmer another 5-10 minutes to blend flavors. Add sea salt and pepper to taste*. Serve immediately, garnish with chives and the remaining bacon. Enjoy!
*Wait to season with salt and pepper after the bacon is simmering slightly, as it will add flavor and saltiness as it cooks.