Health benefits of eating eggs for breakfast

537 points
Health benefits of eating eggs for breakfast

The eggs They’ve been a dietary staple since time immemorial, and there’s a good reason they’re still on our menus and meals. Not only do they offer culinary variety (boiled eggs, omelettes, deviled eggs, and more), but they are also a source of protein, calcium, and various vitamins and nutrients.

9 reasons to eat eggs for breakfast

These are some of the benefits of incorporating eggs into your diet.

It is a nutritious treat

Although relatively small in size, eggs are packed with nutrients and can be an important staple in a well-balanced diet.

A large boiled egg has about 77 calories and contains:

  • Vitamins A, B5, B12, D, E, K, B6
  • folate
  • Match
  • Selenium
  • Calcium
  • Zinc
  • 6 grams of protein
  • 5 grams of healthy fats

Eggs are a good source of protein (both the white and the yolk). They also contain heart-healthy unsaturated fats and are a great source of important nutrients, such as vitamin B6, B12, and vitamin D.

Eating cholesterol affects different people differently

Yes, it is true that eggs, specifically egg yolks, are high in cholesterol. A single large egg has about 186 mg of dietary cholesterol. However, before removing eggs from the menu, it’s worth researching the dietary guidelines provided by the USDA.

One study suggests that eggs do not raise cholesterol at all in about 70% of people. According to the researchers, dietary cholesterol does not necessarily raise blood cholesterol. The remaining 30%, who are called “hyper-responders,” may slightly increase their total cholesterol and low-density lipoprotein (LDL) cholesterol by consuming eggs.

As with any food, the key here is moderate consumption.

Eggs increase good cholesterol

Eating eggs leads to elevated levels of high-density lipoprotein (HDL), also known as “good” cholesterol. People who have higher levels of HDL have a lower risk of heart disease, stroke, and other health problems. According to one study, eating two eggs a day for six weeks increased HDL levels by 10%.

Get some hill

Choline is a water-soluble vitamin that is often grouped with the B vitamins. It is used to build cell membranes and helps produce signaling molecules in the brain. A hard-boiled egg has about 147 mg of choline, which is 27% of the daily value recommended by the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA).

Eggs help maintain sight

As we age, we need to take better care of our eyes. Egg yolks contain high amounts of lutein and zeaxanthin, helpful antioxidants that help reduce the risk of cataracts and macular degeneration in the eyes. Eggs are also rich in vitamin A, which is beneficial for eye health.

Some eggs are better for you

Omega-3 helps lower triglycerides, which are a type of lipid fat in the blood. That’s why eating Omega-3 enriched eggs may be an option, especially if you don’t enjoy other foods (fish, nuts, seeds) that are naturally rich in Omega-3. (If your triglyceride level is below 150, you’re doing fine; 150-199 is borderline high; 200-499 is high; and 500 and above is considered very high.)

Eating eggs gives you enough protein and amino acids

Getting enough protein in our diet is an important way to support our body’s health. Each egg contains about six grams of protein, as well as useful amino acids. Getting our serving of protein per day can help control weight, increase muscle mass, lower blood pressure, and also help our bones.

They are not bad for the heart

Despite what was believed in previous decades, there is no direct relationship between egg consumption and heart disease or stroke. But some studies show that people with diabetes who eat eggs increase the chance of heart disease. However, people who follow a low-carb diet and eat eggs are less likely to develop heart disease, some studies suggest.

It’s a hearty meal

You may have noticed that eating eggs for breakfast can make you feel full for longer, which is usually attributed to the high protein content in eggs. Whether you have an omelet for breakfast or a hard-boiled egg for a snack, eggs can help you stay full after or between meals.

Like it? Share with your friends!

537 points