In this article we are going to teach you how to plant a rose from a stem following a few simple steps. Here you will find out what is the easiest way to grow a beautiful and fragrant rose that you can produce from a bouquet or thin cuttings.
Materials to use:
- 1 teaspoon of honey
- 2 teaspoons of aloe
- 1 teaspoon wood ash
- 120 ml of filtered water
- Flower pot
Step by step to plant your own rose bush in a simple way
1. We begin with the preparation of the cuttings, cutting the flower at a right angle, leaving only the upper part of the stem with 3 to 5 buds and several leaves. An oblique roughing is also important.
2. Next, we combine the honey, aloe and ashes in a container, and pour them into a mixture with 120 ml of filtered water.
3. In the next step, we soak the cuttings in the nutrient solution for half a day. Keep in mind that they take longer to recover if they are severely stunted.
4. At this point, we are going to take the cuttings out of the nutrient solution and transplant them into the ground.
5. Remember that the cuttings must be well covered so that they do not dry out. To achieve this, we can preferably use a plastic bottle or a transparent plastic bag.
6. Another very important recommendation is to leave the pot with the cuttings in a warm place, and open the bag from time to time so that the plant receives the necessary dose for its oxygenation.
7. It is important to moisten the soil, especially if the soil is very dry.
When will the cuttings start to sprout?
Everything really depends on the temperature and the state of the plant, but on average it can take 30-45 days to take root. Only when it is well rooted can it be planted in the garden or in pots.
With the cuttings that are in pots, we can put some branches that are somewhat decorative on the edge, and it is important to put a plastic bag on top.
In the next step, we will have to spray and water the cuttings as necessary to hydrate them, thus keeping the soil moist.
In addition to frequent watering, the location of the seedlings at home is important. It is better to use the window frames on the south side of the house and control the light and temperature in the room. The first 1-2 months, while the cuttings are taking root, they need a temperature of around 20-30°C and a lot of humidity. In winter, the pots can be placed in a cooler (at least 15 ° C) and ventilated place.
Fall-planted cuttings should flower in late spring or summer and overwinter seedlings in August, with proper care. In spring, the bushes that have taken root can be transplanted into open ground, where they will receive moisture from rain and sunlight.
To keep rose bushes beautiful, they need to be pruned. In the early stages of growth, it is important to remove all emerging leaves and shoots, as they interfere with development.