This is a delicious alternative recipe to traditional carrot cake, and it’s a version of vegan carrot cake that is sure to delight all palates. Do you want to try it?
We all like the classic version of the dessert, but processed ingredients such as white sugar, refined flour, pasteurized milk and cream cheese today are best avoided, some are even called white poisons. This vegan carrot cake recipe is made with healthy whole foods, also, if you are intolerant to gluten, you can be happy, since this cake is also for you.
Most recipes call for carrot pulp (after putting the carrots through a juicer) but this cake considers the whole carrot including the juice of its fiber, this way you can keep the tasty juices in the cake or pie. This cake is a little less dense because it’s not 100% oats and nuts, it’s mostly carrots in their natural form: whole and raw.
It is decorated with pistachios, nuts and dried edible flowers. It is also recommended to sprinkle a little cinnamon and maybe coconut. Cashew cream cheese is simply delicious.
Vegan Carrot Cake with Cashew Cream Cheese
For the cashew glaze:
- 2 cups cashews, preferably soaked for a couple of hours
- 1 to 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons liquid coconut oil
- 1/3 cup maple or agave syrup
- Water, as needed
For the cake:
- 2 large carrots, peeled
- 1 – 1/2 cups oatmeal or buckwheat flour
- 1 cup of dates
- 1 cup dried pineapple (or more dates)
- 1/2 cup dried coconut
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
To make the glaze: Blend all ingredients in blender on high speed until smooth, adding as little water as possible. Savor it. Put in a bowl and reserve.
to make the cake: cut the carrots into small pieces. Next, put all the ingredients (including the carrots) in your food processor and grind until everything is in very small pieces and they stick together.
- Press half of cake mixture into bottom of springform pan.
- It then extends about 1/3 of the glacier.
- Put it in the freezer until the layer of frosting hardens.
- Next, add the rest of the carrot mixture.
- Leave it in the fridge overnight, but you can eat it right away if you like.
- Take it out of the mold and use the remaining glaze, cover with any garnish you like. Enjoy!
Lucid Life Writing